Travis' Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

Softball Woes and Other News

Ken has joined the ASI softball team, and I have joined the ASI softball team supporters! Last night, we went to the second game, ready to win!! I stepped in for a girl who hurt her leg, and though I got out, I helped two team members get home. As we were out in the field, a friend tried to catch a pop flyball and got hit in the eye. Ow! She needed stitches, so Ken and I drove her to the hospital (the same one my boss had her baby in!), and stayed with her while they put 15 stitches into her eyebrow! It was a late night. Her eye is swollen shut today and I imagine in a great deal of pain, but she'll live. Guess I'll end up joining the team after all. Oh well. . . :-)

My grandma Sue has recently gone into the hospital again. I guess her lungs are just finally starting to give out. The last time, they thought she was a goner for sure, but she pulled through! We're praying for a miracle, I know she wants to see and hold my brother Eric's new little girl! My gram is a trooper and once she sets her mind to something, she gets what she wants! I was with her one year when she broke her hip in Branson, Missouri. She swore she was gonna get out of the hospital and fly home within several days of surgery. The doctors didn't think it was possible, but she made it! We never had to rebook our tickets. She's a tough ol' bird!

In other news, I have made a ton of baby blankets lately! I'm obsessed with sewing or something! Actually, I think my skill level has finally increased to where I'm actually enjoying the art of sewing instead of cursing and getting frustrated!! Regardless, I think that it is time for me to start selling some of my wares, so I'm thinking I may list them on www.Etsy.com. It's a website specifically for selling handcrafted items. Already, I'm excited that I might be able to buy some super cute appliqués to put on my blankets to make them even cuter! Be on the lookout soon! And let me know if you're interested in a baby blanket or just a blanket. They're pretty cuddly!

Happy Easter!

No comments: