Travis' Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Staying Home

So, after much prayer, discussion, and budget revision, Ken and I have decided that I will stay home with Travis for the foreseeable future. I have already put in my notice at work, and we have informed the day care. Starting February 1, I will be a stay at home mom!

Though I enjoy my job, I miss Travis more throughout the day and I feel like we never get enough time with him. God entrusted this little guy to us, and it bothers me that his best (and funnest) hours are spent in the company of someone else. We really like the day care we picked, but nothing and no one can take the place of his parents. We decided that I would stay home with him for a year, and then we'll review and make sure we're continuing to do what is best for our family. We've also decided that we will stay in Bastrop, and not move to Austin for the time being. Our neighbors are so wonderful, and we just love living in the country. As long as one of us is here to shop, run errands, etc., the commute isn't so bad.

I am excited to be able to play with Travis throughout the day, and watch his first attempts at crawling and walking. I can't wait to find other moms and other babies for Travis to play with. It will be an adventure for sure, but I feel at peace finally knowing what God wants for us. 

No comments: