Travis' Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Birthday Preparations

I have been busy preparing for Travis' first birthday, which has involved many hours "researching" on the web, window-shopping at various craft stores and tapping into my creative brain. Finally, using the gift from his Pappaw  gave me some inspiration.

Here's a sneak peek.




Luckily, I baked and decorated a trial run cake before deciding that cupcakes really would be easier. Interestingly, Ken LOVED the cake--I mean, like LOVED. This from the guy who left weddings and birthday parties early so that he wouldn't have to choke down the cake. I, on the other hand, would hang out for hours at weddings for people I barely knew just to sample the cake. His mom would make him a pie on his birthday every year instead of a cake, and his family has carried on the tradition. So that may give you some idea of my shock when I noticed large chunks were missing that I hadn't eaten. He's been eating on it for days now, and when I suggested he take it to work, he said no. He gave me some excuse about how difficult riding the Rackspace shuttle with cake would be, but I knew better. He didn't want to share it. So, yeah, feeling a little bit smug. My husband likes my cake.

My mom flies in Friday and will help me setup for the party, and we've secured our favorite family photographer to capture the fun moments. I am excited to share this momentous occasion with our family and close friends. Turning from 0 to 1 is a big deal! Not that I think Travis will care one way or the other, but I will, and that makes all the difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So exciting Krista! Hope all goes well at the party!