Travis' Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Little T

One week old!
One year ago today, my life was irrevocably changed in ways I never could have imagined: I had a little boy. I never really thought of myself as a mom; I wanted to be cool Aunt Krista, but I'm finding motherhood is so much better and so much more rewarding than just being a cool aunt. It hasn't all been sunshine and roses (please, he's a baby, not a cabbage patch doll), and I've spent a lot of time obsessing over what was "normal" and the "right" way to do things, but I've learned that you just gotta do things the best that you can, and hope that your kids forgive you for any mistakes you make. Because you will make them.

As I reflect on this past year, I'm still amazed at how fast it went, and I find myself agreeing with the advice that I continually got from random strangers: hug and kiss them now because it doesn't last long!

So, happy birthday, little T-Rav. It's been a great year (cuddling, cooing, smiling, laughing, cuddling, talking, walking, cuddling...); I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did (other than the diaper changing, and the crying, and the uncertainty, and the fall from the shopping cart, and the crying).
Remember this hair? (3 weeks)

I hope the next year is twice the fun with half the angst! Let's meet back next year to reflect on year two!

At daycare--Merry Christmas! (4 mos)














A day outside (6 mos)


















Swinging and laughing (6 mos)











Camera Lover (9 mos)
















I survived the first year! (12 mos)











No comments: