Travis' Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Movin' and a-groovin'

So Travis is getting more mobile, and starting to get into everything he can get his hands on!!  Unfortunately, the word 'no' doesn't have meaning yet, but it's likely to be his first word. As I watch him scoot around, and pull the cord on the lamp for the third time, I think, "wait a minute, I was the GOOD kid! I don't deserve this!" Guess I should blame Ken! He was probably just as bad. Just recently, I was taking some photos to send to his Pappaw, and Travis decided to launch himself right off the couch. Luckily, he launched himself right into my lap!

He's been crankier than normal, refusing to eat or relax for bed, so I took him to the Dr. yesterday. Turns out, he has two ear infections so he's now on anti-biotics. The pediatrician recommended giving him Advil as well, though it hasn't slowed him down any! I'll be glad when he doesn't cry every time I put him down or walk away.

He's also beginning to talk more. He has a high-pitched sing-song voice that he uses to talk to himself when he wakes up in his crib, but isn't ready to eat yet. He can say da-da, though it's much like ga-ga, and i-yi-yi; it doesn't hold any meaning for him yet. I keep trying to get him to say 'ma-ma' or 'pa-pa' but so far, nothing.

He has finally decided to enjoy taking a bath, though he still hates getting water in his face, and holds his breath when I have to wash his hair. He's such a cutie.

No comments: