Travis' Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 11 of the nursing strike, and I'm feeling better

Is stubbornness an inherited trait?
Well, I'm coming to terms with the idea that I may never again nurse this stubborn little boy. Now, I'm focusing on the freedom I'll have once we're fully weaned. I do plan to include this story in a speech at Trav's graduation or wedding or something...just to prove how stubborn (or persistent) he was from a very early age. I think he got some stubbornness from me. Not that I believe much in astrology, but I am a Taurus, and we're notoriously bull-headed.

Since I'm a silver-lining kind of gal at heart (not mentioned in Taurus astrology, hence, it's probably a crock), I'm starting to think about all the positives of not having to nurse or pump again:  I can leave the boy for longer than 3 hours, I don't have to worry about keeping the milk at the right temperature, other people can share in feeding time, and most importantly, I don't have to wonder if I'm going to get bitten anymore. So, this could be a good thing...

He's really standing on his own, Abbi is just barely supporting him!
In other good news, Travis is crawling EVERYWHERE! I'll leave him in his room and then call him from the kitchen, and he'll crawl down the hallway and through the living room as fast as his chubby knees will let him. It's pretty cute. He's also starting to stand up, with help. I think he'll be walking soon, which is both awesome and scary. He's learning to clap, and eat real, solid food like cantaloupe, watermelon, Cheerios. It's really messy, but pretty neat. I just realized that we don't have any videos of crawling or eating, so I'll try to get some for you this week.
Standing up with help from the coffee table





No comments: