Travis' Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Splish splash I was takin' a bath...and then we went to the park

Splish Splash
T-man hasn't been too excited about bathtime, so I was prepared for another quick, upsetting bath this morning. I filled his little tub to overflowing, sat him in it, and prepared to quickly scrub. All of a sudden, I heard a loud squeal before Travis smacked the water with both hands, drenching us both! He squealed again and reached out for his bath toys..."YAY" I said ("finally," I thought). And we had fun in the bathtub; he didn't mind my scrubbing, and only got slightly annoyed when I wet and washed his hair. But as long as I didn't get between him and his toys, he was happy!

Photo by Ashley Terry (2011)
Afterwards, I was feeling pretty brave, so I suggested a walk in the park.We loaded up and headed out. Trav enjoyed the swings, and the long walk. Ken got attacked by an aggressive goose backed up by his geesey gang, but we finally made it past them safely. Walking along Bastrop Main Street, we stopped in a bakery and ice cream shop where we all shared a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone. Travis kept yelling for more, and the lady running the shop asked if he was always that happy. To which we replied, yes, so long as he's not hungry or tired. Later on, in the library, Travis squealed loudly before I told him libraries were for being quiet. So, he spit up his ice cream instead. Yuk. I think I preferred him being loud.

Our Sweet Family (Photo by Ashley Terry-2011)
Finally, we headed back to the truck, and turned towards home, where we fed Trav and put him down for a nap (which he's taking as I'm typing). It's been a lovely family day watching squirrels climb trees, birds chase each other, and turtles sit by the side of the river. Now, as I look out the window, watching the trees blow in the breeze, and the promise of spring hovering in the air, I am filled with contentment on this beautiful Saturday afternoon, happy to be part of my sweet family.

What brings you contentment today?

No comments: