Travis' Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Easter to All

Family Photo
We had a wonderful Easter; this year, we visited Pappaw and Mimi in Baytown, and then hunted Easter eggs in Jasper. Travis had such fun with his cousins and loved being spoiled by aunts, uncles, pappaw, mimi, mawmaw, cousins and everyone else we met. That boy is going to turn out rotten!! I've been waiting for the stranger anxiety to kick in, and sometimes it seems like he's a little uncomfortable when we're not around, but I've seen family pass him around for hours, and he's still happy and giggly. I'm thankful he loves people so much, but I confess I still kept an eye out "just in case."

Travis had such fun playing with his cousin Adrian, who is a month younger. They sat in Uncle Tim and Aunt Sherryl's laps in Jasper. Adrian kept trying to take Trav's binky and finally succeeded. It was hilarious! I love watching Travis laugh with MamMaw, and the aunts and uncles. They know just what to do to make him giggle.

The nursing strike continues; we are now at day 8. My heart is no longer breaking, and I'm starting to turn to formula. I'm not entirely happy about it, but I have such trouble drawing out milk that I know I can't do it for the next 4 months. I know that he'll be fine, and that he still loves me (well, as much as an 8-month-old understands love). I will check with the Dr., but I'm preparing myself to be done with pumping when T turns 9mos.

Life rarely sticks to the plan I have mapped out in my head, and I generally try to go with the flow. But this threw me for such a loop that I was wholly unprepared for it. Ken recently reminded me that I need to be flexible; we strive to live drama-free lives, and I've been acting pretty dramatic lately (some might call it childish). There is generally a reason behind everything that happens, and though we can't see it now, someday we will. I just need to trust God that all will be well, and that Travis will still be a smart, happy, fun baby--even on formula!

Easter egg hunting mission-impossible-style
Put the egg in the basket





Yep, right here...in the basket
Yay!
With Aunt Sherryl, Uncle Tim, and cousin Adrian (who just took his binky)

Pappaw with his grandchildren 





Travis and cousin Alyssa


1 comment:

Bejewell said...

This is so cute, and so sweet! I can't wait for you guys to experience Easter when he gets older... it's a whole different experience when they're able to run around and find eggs on their own. So very happy for you all.

P.S. All the nursing angst? You won't even remember it a year from now.