Travis' Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Week with Four Kids

Blueberry, grape, and blackberry bushes planted
So, this week, Travis got a taste of what it would be like to be the younger brother of 3 girls, and I got a taste of what it would be like to have 4 kids! I watched our neighbor's 3 girls (Abbi-10, Ericka-6, and Sophia-3) for several hours each day. I should let you know that the oldest, Abbi, is the reason Ken and I decided to have kids. All three are great - sweet, well-behaved, friendly, and very helpful! They took turns feeding Saige, blowing bubbles, and watering and planting our plants. They all played with and held Travis, making him giggle and laugh. They loved helping teach him how to drink from his sippy cup and blowing bubbles for him. Ken was home for two days, and the girls helped us plant some fruit bushes.
Our planting helpers: Ericka and Sophia

Abbi and Travis cuddling
I will admit they have so much energy, and I tried so hard come up with things for us to do to keep them busy. Luckily, bubbles are awesome! They were happy to blow bubbles outside for hours! They also hid treats for Saige in the backyard, colored at the table, played with Travis and his toys, and helped me with any little task possible.
We had a great time, and the house will seem so quiet next week when it's just me and Abbi, who still gets to hang out with me after school. It was a nice change, and all three of us will miss them!

No comments: